Purpose is the place where your deep passion meets the world's needs.

----- Frederick Buechner

Monday, December 13, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!

I'm looking out the window at the crisp, white snow that has fallen.  It is still clean and unblemished.  Truly a beautiful sight.  My boys are out of school due to the weather, and are as happy as can be.  My desire is to send them off to watch tv or play video games - anything to keep them out of my hair so that I can be productive.  But then I think, "How many more of these will I really have?"  Children grow so fast and in the blink of an eye a whole stage of their life is gone.  I don't want to miss these great moments and memories.

I am declaring today Christmas cookie baking day!  Let's make a mess in the kitchen.  Let's eat more dough than we cook.  Let's laugh and be silly and have fun, while we make treats for us and others to enjoy.

I've wasted many moments that could have been spent creating memories for my boys.  I'm not going to miss this one!

6 comments:

  1. Fresh snow is beautiful! Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having an amazing cookie day, sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, I'm at work and can't create cookies or anything. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo! Love snow days and cookies! Still waiting for some snow over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good luck could play with the snow!!! I´m "white" of envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous way to spend a snowy day! Hope you had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete